Monday, December 3, 2018

VegGuide: Lisbon

Vegan/ vegetarian guide
And most important- where to get vegan pastel de nata in Lisbon!

O Botanista
This is one of the most beautiful restaurants I ever entered! It really gives you a feeling of being in a botanical garden and the food is delicious! They also serve breakfast all day, I love places that do that because breakfast is my favorite food of the day and I really hate when I come to a café or restaurant and they tell me that they stopped serving breakfast half an hour ago...
I had extremely delicious waffles ♥. This vegan restaurant is a must if you go in Lisbon!
 

Sabor Superior
In the neighborhood of Belém, this is the only vegan restaurant we found, it's very small and the choice of dishes is not so big, but the chickpea stroganoff was delicious and I felt really sorry that I was too full to order a dessert.

Leo
Delicious cheap Indian food, where they give you papadam as a starter for free ♥ I missed papadam so much, they really won my heart when the waiter put it on our table! The food was great, the prices low and the staff extremely friendly.


Solo
In Solo you can get macrobiotic vegan food, to be honest, I didn't know what macrobiotic food means and even though the owner explained to us, I didn't really get it. However, the most important thing is that we both ordered a veggie burger, which was great! It's actually a takeaway restaurant with only two places to sit, but the cool thing is that the kitchen is right next to the table so you can watch how your food is being prepared.



Princesa do Castelo
This is the only place in Lisbon where we found vegan pastel de nata ♥, and I was really very surprised that it tastes quite similar! I thought that's impossible, but it's not! Well, it's super expensive- one is for 2,20 while a normal one you can get for about a Euro, and in Portimao I bought a vegan one for 1,10, but since it's the only place you can get it (I googled it at least for an hour), you should go for it! As delicious as the traditional one!


Zarzuela
We went to this bakery because I found on the internet that they sell vegan pastel de nata, they don't. However they have other vegan pastry, so it's a good place to grab your breakfast, the staff was probably still in its morning mood because I felt like I annoy them with my order, but that can happen, the apple croissant I had was okay.

The Mill
This is the place for a good avo toast in Lisbon, we passed it on the first day, saw the precious avo toasts and decided that we have to get them later. The toast was heaven, the café nice, but it's extremely crowded, we actually had to wait for a couple of minutes outside to get a table, so it's not very cozy or relaxed.

Fábrica Coffee Roasters
A very nice café right in the center with delicious coffee, you can even choose the coffee beans you want, I'm not such an expert to appreciate that kind of choice because it only confuses me, but I'm sure many people would.

Copenhagen Coffee Lab
The last café we visited was the Copenhagen Coffee Lab, the coffee was more expensive and I didn't like it that much, but I'm really not the person who could tell you about the quality of coffee, the café is nice with a chilled atmosphere.


Do you like exploring cozy cafés and restaurants while traveling? 

No comments:

Post a Comment