Monday, December 14, 2015

Ireland |ENG|

This summer I spent two weeks on this amazing island

In July I spent two weeks in Ireland, where I went to a summer school to improve my English. The trip was organized by the Czech company Student Agency, before I went there I read some reviews about their stays. None of the comments I read was very enthusiastic, but luckily I experienced an amazing stay! Don't read too many reviews, never. It was the first time I went somewhere all alone, and I was really really nervous!chat, emotion, face, hello, mouth, open, smile, smiles, smiley, speak, talk icon When I landed the first challenge was waiting for me- get to the host family. I took one bus to the city center and another to get to their house. On the platform, I probably looked a bit confused, because a young man asked me if I need some help. I showed him where I need to go and he was going to the same place. I was really lucky because in Dublin are three types of buses. 1) with digital signs, where the bus stops are being shown  2) where the bus stops are being reported by a microphone 3) and buses where the bus stops are not reported at all, Of course,chat, emotion, face, hello, mouth, open, smile, smiles, smiley, speak, talk icon I was just sitting in the third type, so I was really thankful that he was there with me. He even showed me the shortest way to my place.

traveling will show you how many nice people there are in the world


In the host family, I stayed with another student from France, Italy and Spain. The host mother was very kind. I could get home whenever I wanted, and she cooked me yummy veggie food. I took the bus every morning to get to my little school- ATC language school. There wasn't another Czech student in my group, so I was really speaking English.

In these two weeks I didn't manage to understand how the bus timetables work, no wonder, I can't even read the bus timetables in the Czech Republic. The weirdest thing that happened to me in a bus, was when I wanted to get on a very crowded bus and the bus driver showed two fingers, symbolizing the number of people that were allowed to go inside. It wasn't so funny anymore when I came late to school a couple of times because of this. chat, emotion, face, hello, mouth, open, smile, smiles, smiley, speak, talk icon


Most of the time I spent in the capital city- Dublin, with my classmates, I got on really well with! I would like to mention the park St Stephen's GreenDawson Street, Grafton Street, which reminded me of the Wenceslas SquareStephen's Green Shopping Centre, the most beautiful shopping centre I have ever been to, Butlers Chocolate Cafe and every little pub you come across, for example, Peter's pub is a very nice cozy place. The whole city is really really amazing, if you go there you should definitely spend a few hours just walking around without staring into a map all the time. 

At the weekends we could visit other places in Ireland, so I went to the gorgeous Cliffs of MoherBelfast, Galway, Gian's causeway and the Rope bridge.

I really fell in love with Dublin in those two weeks, I hope I will visit Ireland again- soon.














No comments:

Post a Comment